Thursday, June 23, 2011

NBA Draft

Alright, we will go pick by pick. Give our expert analysis on each player. Watch for analysis to turn into opinion and opinion into mother bashing (ya it happens). Enjoy.

1 - Kyrie Irving - Cavs

Evan - I don’t know if he is proven. I don’t really understand why he is the unanimous pick when he only played 11 college games.
Geoff - He isn’t proven. His injuries worry me. There are obvious good things said about him, the fact the Duke was willing to change their entire style to fit around this one player says a lot about him. I like the comparisons, hope they pan out.
Derek - Ya I don’t really have much of an opinion on the guy, I like the hype I hear but I want to see him play. I want to see the Cavs be competitive as soon as possible.

2 - Derrick Williams - T-Wolves

Geoff - Man beast! And he can shoot 3’s. He can score, but where is he playing on the offensive end?
Evan - He seems like an athletic freak. Any team would be glad to have him. He seems like more of a no brainer than the Irving pick.
Derek - If Rubio is as good as advertised I can see a lot of highlight clips in the near future. This tag team could get a TON of alley-oops. This is just the Wolves building their dynasty, I feel it in my bones!

3 - Enes Kanter - Jazz

Evan - A bit of a ghost as far as I know. Similar to Derrick Williams? Only more european
Geoff - A physical player that actually likes to get hit and be physical down low. Plus he wants to be in the WWE after his NBA career, how can you not like that?
Derek - I hope that he can get used to being hit by big NBA men as opposed to the european boys. If the best things said about him are true, he could be the best player in this draft. But that is a very big ‘if’.

4 - Tristan Thompson - Cavs

Geoff - Big surprise. I like him as a player, but scoring wise I don’t think there is much there. Turrible free throw shooter. Thought the Cavs would get more of a scorer in this spot.
Derek - I like that they are getting some tough players here. I want this to become a team that plays hard at all times. I think they are stocking up on these types of players, I like it.
Evan - He plays pretty strong inside, I like that.

5 - Jonas Valanciunus - Raptors

Geoff - What just happened? Were they getting company or Kleiza? Is he just a crankier Bargnani?
Derek - I like it when teams draft players they know can’t play in the next season. Looks like they are already looking forward to the 2012 draft. I heard Colangelo was going to stop drafting europeans... I heard wrong. I did love his post draft interview, one of the worst ones I have ever seen.
Evan - (speechless)... Why? Why get another skinny european center. I don’t get it.

6 - Jan Vesely - Washington Wizards
Geoff - What does he do? Other than athletic, but athletic isn’t something that you do. All he seems to do is dunk. By this age he should have some defining skill.
Derek - Evan, do you have anything to say on Jan Vesely
Evan - No.
Derek - Good sign... I want to like the Wizards, I really do. I don’t want to see this guy get three dunks a game and average 6 points.

7 - Bismack Biyombo - Charlotte (via Kings)
Derek - I just like saying this name.
Evan - He is a weird mystery man, but I love him.
Geoff - As long as he just sticks to what he does best. I want to see him just dunk, be physical, and grab boards. Be an athletic freak and don’t do much outside what his elite skills are.

8 - Brandon Knight - Pistons
Derek - He does not look happy to be going there.
Evan - Who would want to go to Detroit? It is Detroit.
Geoff - Everything is falling apart there. Everything. Good player though.

9 - Kemba Walker - Bobcats
Evan - Bobcats seems like a black hole of talent. Looks like he will get sucked in there.
Geoff - I think he will be good there. He is obviously clutch.
Derek - I like Kemba, I don’t like Charlotte. We will see who wins out.

10 - Jimmer Fredette - Kings (via Bucks)
Derek - Jimmer! Love me some Jimmer. Even my wife loves Jimmer... I don’t know if this is good or bad.
Evan - He can score, I think he will get the green light to do so. I don’t know if he can defend.
Geoff - I am glad he is not playing in Utah. Jimmer would become the son of every basketball fan in the state. But the fans would be the annoying parent that always thinks their son should get the ball and get all the playing time. Thank you Sacramento from sparing me from these crazy basketball moms.

11 - Klay Thompson - Warriors

12 - Alec Burks - Jazz
Evan and Derek could care less on either player. Geoff wants to note that Thompson can shoot and Burks cannot.

13 - Markieff Morris - Suns

14 - Marcus Morris - Rockets
Geoff - The Suns accidentally chose the wrong twin.
Derek - I was hoping for a big trade here and some team drafting both twins. Are the Suns trying to create little brother syndrome by drafting both bad twins (Lopez and Morris)? What would be the outcome for this strategy? Who knows. Just please trade Nash soon.

15 - Kawhi Leonard - Pacers
See Evan’s reaction to the Pacers trading with Spurs below.

16 - Nikola Vucevic - 76ers
All three - meh.

17 - Iman Shumpert - Knicks
Geoff - Who is Iman Shumpert? Never heard of him.
Derek - Didn’t get invited to the draft, not a good sign. I like that he is a tall, athletic, defensive guard. Knicks need defense. Spike Lee just agreed with me.

18 - Chris Singleton - Wizards
Derek - I like him.
Evan - Oohh, his mother is not good looking.
19 - Tobias Harris - Bobcats

Spurs trade George Hill to the Pacers for Kawhi Leonard. Evan boo’s at the TV.
Evan - This is a straight up trade? This is foolish.
Derek - Well now you will learn how to say his first name. This is your boy now.
Evan - No. He is not.

20 - Donatas Montiejunas
The announcers rip this guy for having no interest in rebounding. Always good to grab a PF/C who has absolutely no interest in rebounding. He will fit right in with Beasley.

21 - Nolan Smith - Trailblazers
Evan - His numbers look Tony Paker-esque. A score first PG.
Derek - I like this here. I think he has a good NBA pedigree his dad was a coach and he has been around the NBA and NBA players since he was a little kid. I think he will fit in good right away, be a good back-up for a year or two and then make a leap.

Evan - I want Felton for Jameer Nelson straight up.
Announcers just report a potential Andre Miller (Blazers) for Raymond Felton (Nuggetts) trade.
Geoff - I think this is better for Portland for Denver.
Evan - I think for Felton playing with Aldridge will be more reminiscent of playing with Stoudemire, which is when he was playing his best.

22 - Kenneth Faried - Denvers Nuggets
Evan - And he has a child.
Geoff - He is a busy man.
Evan - He is a grinder, looks like he plays like an undersized Reggie Evans. Looks like he will fit well with Denver.
Geoff - That will depend on his number of tattoo’s.

From here on out, who cares? We don’t. These picks won’t amount to anything. Although you could argue that most of the picks that we talked about won’t amount to anything either. From here on out just random observations.

New Jersey and Boston make a very boring trade.
Derek - I was expecting a lot more for trades in this draft. I was nearing giddy at the potential of all the swaps that were rumored to happen. Now I am just pissed, give me some trades NBA! That is all I ask. No I get to look forward to the lock-out. Thanks NBA.

Closing Remarks
Geoff - Minnesota is undoubtedly the most ridiculous franchise of all time. What is with all these second round picks? I give up.
Evan - Bit of a stinker of a draft, but we could have seen that coming.
Derek - Just waiting on this Minnesota dynasty to take shape. Rubio is the basketball savior of Minnesota and Derrick Williams will lead them to the promised land.

No comments:

Post a Comment